We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative company with one mission: Powering clean transportation by making charging autonomous!
We create reliable autonomous charging solutions by combining soft robotics, cutting-edge computer vision, and added value services. Rocsys enables its customers to electrify their fleet sustainably.
We are founded in 2019 and located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, and have an office in Portland, OR, USA. Currently, we employ over 50 people and expect to exceed 100 people within two years.
Join us, and together, we are powering clean transportation.
You make the difference
You are a senior member of a multidisciplinary development team. You take an important role in architectural decisions and actively support the general quality of the software development team. In addition, you take ownership of the development of several key software libraries.
You play a critical role in a re-evaluation and redesign of the actuator control architecture:
- Inventory of the technical requirements in collaboration with the other developer
- Designing and refining the architecture for actuator control
You will be the lead developer on a new path planning library:
- Inventory of the technical requirements in collaboration with the other developers
- Implementing the library and relevant tests
- Responsible for maintaining and improving this library
You are responsible for the control hardware drivers:
- Writing the drivers for the control hardware
- Implementing the proposed improvements
- Responsible for motion-based performance optimization
- Extending the testing suite as needed
You are a valuable team player in a multidisciplinary scrum team:
- Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for maintaining a highly efficient development process
- Actively contributing to the refinement process of features in backlog items
- Proactively identifying impediments in your development work and contributing to solving those of others
You maintain best practices in code repository and revision maintenance
What you will bring into Rocsys
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Engineering background; electrical, computer science, or similar (BS or MS)
- Expertise in software development with experience in languages such as Rust, C++, or similar
- Willingness to become an expert in the Rust programming language
- Experience and technical know-how with kinematics and actuator control
- Enthusiasm for working towards a collective goal
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic and multidisciplinary scale-up
- Flexible and equipped with a can-do mentality
- A team player
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Open-minded, communicatively proficient and you have a high sense of integrity
- Fully proficient in English (in writing and verbally)
- Living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands
- Flexible working hours
- A happy and dynamic team of colleagues
- Attractive employee stock option plan
- Free vegetarian lunch, fresh ground beans coffee, and healthy snacks
- Receiving a competitive salary
- A highly international context
- Individual mobility plan
Wanna be a ROC STAR?
Our core values