We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative company with one mission: Powering clean transportation by making charging autonomous!
We create reliable autonomous charging solutions by combining soft robotics, cutting-edge computer vision, and added value services. Rocsys enables its customers to electrify their fleet sustainably.
We are founded in 2019 and located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, and have an office in Portland, OR, USA. Currently, we employ over 50 people and expect to exceed 100 people within two years.
Join us, and together, we are powering clean transportation.
You make the difference
As Lead Electronics Engineer, you take full ownership of the development of the electronic components of our charging solution. You are part of a multidisciplinary development team and work intensively together with the system, mechatronic, and software engineers, to prototype, design, and build the nervous system of our products.
You understand the multidisciplinary complexity of robotics and can translate that into the requirements of your development work. As such, you’re not only a very skilled electronics engineer, but you also have the seniority to advise product owners and draft a development plan.
- You take ownership of the design and development of the electronic systems of the robotic charging solution
- Together with the mechatronic and software architects, you can translate product requirements into technical requirements and a development plan
- You research and evaluate electronic components and concepts
- You design, build and evaluate prototype circuit boards and other electronic components in the early stages of design
- Together with production partners, you can translate electronic designs to production-level schematics
What you will bring into Rocsys
- Bachelor (BSc) degree in or related to Electronics Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in the field of Electronics Engineering
- Experience with the design of PCBs (including microcontrollers), IO boards, motor drives, and sensor interfacing
- Experience with working with external agencies and managing collaborative projects
- Familiar with electrical testing and measurement equipment like DMMs, Oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Knowledge of programming for embedded applications
- Knowledge of board-level communication protocols such as UART, I2C, and SPI
- Knowledge of higher-level communication protocols such as CAN-bus (CANopen, J1939), and Ethernet
- Awareness of UL, CE, and EMC requirements related to machine safety
- Preferably the relevant prototyping skills
- Enthusiastic about working in an international, dynamic and multidisciplinary scale-up
- Self-motivated, flexible and equipped with a can-do mentality
- Result-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Open-minded, communicatively proficient and you have a high sense of integrity
- Fully proficient in English (in writing and verbally)
- Living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands
- Flexible working hours
- A happy and dynamic team of colleagues
- Attractive employee stock option plan
- Free vegetarian lunch, fresh ground beans coffee, and healthy snacks
- Receiving a competitive salary
- A highly international context
- Individual mobility plan
Wanna be a ROC STAR?
Our core values