More about us
We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative company with one mission: Powering clean transportation by making charging autonomous!
We create reliable autonomous charging solutions by combining soft robotics, cutting-edge computer vision, and added value services. Rocsys enables its customers to electrify their fleet sustainably.
We are founded in 2019 and located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, and have an office in Portland, OR, USA. Currently, we employ over 50 people and we are expecting to exceed 100 people within two years.
Join us, and together, we are powering clean transportation.
You make the difference
You are the digital communication expert that has the drive and ambition to collaborate in an international setting, to shape communication between systems within and surrounding the context of automated charging. By combining an eye for detail with the ability to see the bigger picture, you are able to give direction to internal and external developers.
As an expert on digital communication in the automotive sector, you use your expertise to develop solutions for this industry, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Through your designs, you help Rocsys obtain the correct strategic position in the automotive landscape. You specify detailed requirements for internal development, and for input towards international standardization.
You become the expert on intersystem behaviour, for those systems relevant for automated charging.
- You create architectural concepts, and design the process and sequence of both the EV and infrastructure systems in collaboration with major automotive OEMs, and with other infrastructure parties
- In your work, you balance the interest of major automotive players with the strategic interests of Rocsys, while also being aware of the developments in the automotive ecosystem
- You translate the concepts and designs to requirements for Rocsys’ systems
- You use the design and feedback from implementations to provide proposals for international standardization
- You understand and stay up-to-date on relevant standardization for topics within your expertise (IEC/ISO/SAE/…), and can guide the development of implementations thereof
You take ownership of communication between infrastructure and EV.
- You guide the discussion between various internal stakeholders (commercial, technical), propose strategies, collect feedback and derive conclusions
- You design the technical layers for communication between systems relevant for automated charging, in collaboration with external stakeholders
- You lead the development of early implementation, in collaboration with an internal team
- You participate in co-development projects with customers, with occasional travel for in-person meetings
What you will bring into Rocsys
- You’ve got at least 6 years of work experience as a software developer and/or embedded electronics developer, demonstratable experience in an architectural role, and you hold a master’s degree in or related to the mentioned disciplines
- You’ve got significant experience in working with, and preferably designing, communication technology and/or protocols. Example technologies could be: Bluetooth LE, Ultra-Wide Band, WiFi, NFC, Powerline communication, CAN bus / LIN bus)
- You’re able to think through and contribute to several layers of abstraction; from a contextual level to the detailed implementation
- Ideally, you’ve got experience in communication standards surrounding EV charging (ISO 15118, IEC 61851, DIN 70121, OCPP, OCPI) and/or automated valet parking (AVP)
- You are a structured communicator
- You are able to clearly convey information in written and illustrated form
- You easily recognize and reason from other people’s perspective
- You are fully proficient in English
- You are able to work in a highly international setting
- You are a team player
- You are self-motivated and can work independently
- You have got a drive for correctness, but can be pragmatic when required
- You are enthusiastic about working in a highly dynamic and multidisciplinary scale-up