Do you have a proven track record in generating revenue and building long-term relationships with clients? And do you want to contribute to a sustainable future? Then join our US team as our new Business Development Manager!
You make the difference
As our Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining new business opportunities to support the growth and profitability of the company within the automotive and autonomous vehicles (AV) sector, with a specific focus on electric vehicles (EVs). You are an experienced professional with a proven track record in generating revenue and building long-term relationships with clients in the EV industry.
As a Business Development Manager, you:
- Create and execute a strategy to drive demand for autonomous charging in passenger vehicle settings
- Develop relationships with OEMs and related stakeholders, build interest in autonomous charging, and position Rocsys as a trusted partner
- Conduct market research to identify potential new business opportunities within the EV industry
- Build and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing clients in the automotive and AV sectors
- Generate new business leads through networking, cold calling, and other means
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to closing deals
- Manage the top of the sales funnel and oversee lead qualification and scoring processes
- Develop and deliver proposals and presentations to potential clients
- Develop and implement strategies to increase revenue and profitability within the EV industry
- Work with internal teams to ensure successful delivery of projects and services
- Provide regular updates on sales activities and progress towards targets
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities and customer interactions
What you will bring to Rocsys
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or sales
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within the EV industry
- Proven track record of generating revenue and building strong relationships with clients in the EV industry
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as required
- Experience in a fast-growth context or similar scale-up, preferably in the technology industry
- Persuasive and results-driven
- With a hands-on and can-do mentality
- Contribution to a sustainable future
- Work with cutting-edge technologies in software and robotics and major international players who are at the forefront of clean and autonomous mobility
- An environment where people have respect for each other
- Access to our employee stock option plan
- 9 recognized holidays per year
- 25 vacation days per year
- 401(k) retirement plan with matched contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for self and dependents
- Flexible working hours, hybrid working environment (home/office)
- Development of your skills and expertise through training
Wanna be a ROC STAR?
More about us
We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative company with one mission: Powering clean transportation by making charging autonomous!
We create reliable autonomous charging solutions by combining soft robotics, cutting-edge computer vision, and added-value services. Rocsys enables its customers to electrify their fleet sustainably.
Our headquarters are in the Netherlands, and we have a sales, service and operations office in Portland, OR, USA. Rocsys was founded in 2019 by experienced entrepreneurs, currently employs over 50 people, and is expected to exceed 100 people within two years. Our customers are major global A-brands, and our 200%+ YoY order growth is expected to continue in the years to come.
Join us, and together, we are powering clean transportation.
Our core values:
We are a company which is fun to work for. We trust each other, are open and transparent. Our mindset is positive, and we continuously coach each other toward positivity.
We cultivate processes, attitudes and mindsets which actively contribute to a better product-market fit and increased customer value. We are innovative in experimenting and adopting new paradigms when useful.
We are fast moving and flexible while always structuring our processes and products for scale. We focus on output and aim for maximum result.
We take ownership of delivering results and support colleagues by providing quality information, by being reliable and dependable in our daily interactions. Even if this means going the extra mile.
We contribute to a cleaner and better world. In our daily jobs we consider sustainability in the way we run our offices and operations.
We aim to become a better company through encouraging diversity. We engage in healthy discussions, listen to each other, put effort in understanding and learn from differences and try to make the best decisions.
We value the expertise of colleagues and actively share knowledge with each other to improve the overall level of expertise in the company. We try to have a learning mindset and encourage others towards adopting this mindset.